Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla

1/4 Cup burnt caramel sauce (any caramel sauce works)

3 3/4 Cup all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

12 oz bag mini chocolate chips

1 1/2 Cups chopped good quality chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then the caramel sauce until well combined.

2. Place the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix. Slowly add to wet ingredients, then add chocolate chips.

3. Place 1/4 Cup of cookie dough into muffin top cups. Press down, then sprinkle with a pinch or two of sea salt, then press chocolate chunks over top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just golden around edges. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk!!

18 Large cookies

Found HERE!

***Sadly, I am without a muffin top pan...so I used a regular muffin tin and made smaller cookies. I actually think this was a good thing...you can eat more than one if you really want to, ya know? :-) I'm all about eating multiple cookies! Definitely make sure to let them cool a bit before trying to take them out of the pan! I cooked mine for about 8-9 minutes (regular sized muffin tin). And I decreased the sugar by 1/4 cup since there is also caramel in there...I'm a sugaraholic, but I have my limits :-) Pretty good!***

~Oh dear! I went to bed, Scott came home, and...He nearly finished a dozen of these!!! His advice: Have a LARGE glass of milk available :-) ~

No comments: