Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Timoun yo...

We have spent the day at the house...sorting meds, putting things away...and playing with kiddos...there are anywhere from 6-15 timoun yo (kids) who show up everyday to help...and we give them a vitamin, a glass of milk with instant breakfast, and lots and lots of hugs and smiles. These are some of the smartest, sweetest kids around...they are teaching us creole words...and they give wonderful hugs...I have been danced with, told 'I love you', told I am beautiful...melts my heart! I wish we could take each and every one of them home!!!

We had beans and rice, piklis, akra, tomatoes, juice (and pork...) for dinner last night...breakfast this morning was hard boiled eggs, lots of fresh fruit, juice, peanut butter toast (and ham...spam...something pink...) for breakfast...tomorrow we have been promised cream of rice for breakfast...can't wait!!!

I think it is hotter, more humid this year...and we don't have city water yet so we are short on water for showers...we are aiming for a quick, cold shower every other day...hope we can all stand the smell of each other!

Well...it's about dinner time...can't wait to see what tonight brings...I hear rumor of vegetarian lasagna...

No comments: