Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Monday, February 22, 2010

Vibrating beds...

First of all...we did have vegetarian lasagna last night....soooo good!

And we had the first aftershock since arriving...it was about 4:30 this morning...woke most of us up, although it was VERY mild....felt like the bed was vibrating for about 5 seconds. Having been in an earthquake before, it wasn't really all that bad...but I just kept thinking of all of our staff and how they must be reliving the intial earthquake every time an aftershock occurs...I can't even begin to imagine! The house is strong though, and I am in the safest part of the house...there are no floors above my room (that's for you mom!)...just a tin roof!

Oh, and we had the most amazing rain storm last night...so hard and loud....people were taking showers in it! (and not a bad idea...I think the rain was stronger than the shower we have right now!)

We are splitting the team today...a few are going 60 miles away (4 hour drive) to St Bonaface to work with spinal cord patients...a few will go to the Miami medical tent and assist the staff already there...and a few will stay here and have clinic. That will be me! I will be the pharmacist and counselor as needed...

Timoun yo are here for their morning vitamin and milk...gotta go!

1 comment:

Teena-Mom said...

Thank you honey for the description of where you are staying, you know me well! I am so proud of you....Be safe and give the timoun yo big hugs and kisses for me! I love you! Mom