Slightly adapted from Food Network
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbs minced, dried onion (or 1/2 fresh onion if you have it)
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated sharp cheddar
2. Heat the oil in a skillet. Brown the onion flakes and tomato, to remove some of the juice. Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach and nutmeg until the spinach is just wilted, but still bright green, 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins, filling them about halfway. Top evenly with the spinach mixture.
5. Bake until the quiches are well risen, golden brown and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with greens.
***Yummy, easy, and healthy. We made these for a baby shower and for Christmas morning!***