1/2c butter- softened
1c brown sugar
1 1/4c flour
1 1/2c oatmeal (I use Quick Oats)
1/2t baking soda
12oz semisweet chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Line a 9x13 with parchment paper. Set oven to 350.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar, add the vanilla, and egg. Then mix in the oats, flour, soda and salt..
3. Press 2/3 mixture into bottom of a parchment lined 9x13.
4. In a microwave safe bowl dump chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and 1T butter. Microwave 1 minute, stir and continue to nuke until combined...stopping and stirring every 30 seconds.
5. Pour the most awesome mixture of chocolate onto the oatmeal base. Then break up the reminding 1/3 over the top in little chunks. Covering what you can.
6. Pop that baby into the oven for 20-25minutes until the topping looks lightly golden.
7. Cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack before cutting. It makes a horrific mess if not. Trust me. Get a LARGE glass of milk and indulge later.
Makes 20ish bars. IF you are lucky enough to store - room temp in a sealed container up to 3 days is good
***Pretty much heaven to eat! Definitely a rare-occasion kind of indulgence!***
Found these here: Indecisive Baker