Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!!!

I don't know about you, but I love me some ice cream!!!

Just before we left for Florida, I made some yummy recipes that used heavy whipping cream, half and half, and whole milk...and I had some left over. I hate to waste anything, so what better to do with leftover creamy goodness than make ICE CREAM!!!

We don't have an ice cream maker, so this was done by hand. I searched the internet for recipes...and found that several call for eggs...um, yuck? This recipe is the result of looking at way too many recipes, for way too many hours, and then modifying it to what I like! The result is pure deliciousness! And the best part? No weird, hard-to-pronounce ingredients! Perfection!!!

Basic Vanilla (my favorite!)

2 cups Half & Half (or cream or whole milk or a combination)
1/4 cup sugar (or a little more if you like it sweet!)
1t vanilla

Mix together until smooth...this takes a bit of stirring...then place in glass bowl in freezer. Stir every 30-60 minutes for about 3-4 hours until moderately set. Then freeze completely. Enjoy!!!

For a peanut butter version:
2 cups Half & Half (or cream or whole milk or a combination)
1/4 cup sugar (or a little more if you like it sweet!)
1/2t vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter

(I melted the peanut butter in the microwave and stirred the sugar in, which helped the crystals dissolve)...Continue with above instructions!

Of course you could also stir in strawberries, raspberries, or any other "topping" of your choice!

No comments: