- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Crispix
- 4 cups Apple Jacks cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a rolling boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a medium amber color, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 quarts.
***Scott says 4.5/5 stars…rave reviews at work…it was a hit!***
This comes from the Taste of Home website...