This recipe is a comfort food reminder of my late childhood...something my dad and brother loved to make for dinner. Yum!
¾ cup milk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup quick-cooking oats
½ cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb lean ground beef
2⁄3 cup ketchup
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.
- Stir in cheese, oats, onion, salt and rubbed sage.
- Add beef and mix well.
- (It will seem runny at first but will thicken up as you mix.) Shape into 8 equal sized loaves (oval/egg shaped) and place in a greased 9X13X2" baking dish.
- Sauce: Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spoon over each loaf so they are all covered in the sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
***Soooo good! I do not like meatloaf, but I LOVE these! Easy, tasty, and hubs loved them as well! Great with mashed potatoes and corn!***