So I found this recipe over at What's Gaby Cooking? It was a guest post, and an amazing recipe!
Of course, I tweaked it. Preferences, ingredients available, and of course I can't leave a recipe alone... :-)
Oh, and the spiedini...that means meat on a stick. So basically I just didn't skewer the chicken.
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained as much as possible
1 Tbs butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbs sugar
1 pinch coarse salt (more or less depending on the salt in your tomatoes)
1 pinch pepper
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup bread crumbs (I used ground rice Chex)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbs EVOO
4 Tbs butter, melted
8-12 oz spaghetti, cooked according to package directions (we like a quinoa-corn mix)
Lemon juice for sprinkling
- Simmer tomatoes, butter, broth, sugar, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings for 20-30 minutes on medium. Stir occasionally.
- In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- In another, combine oil and melted butter.
- Dredge the chicken pieces through the butter/oil mixture, then through the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Add cooked pasta to the tomato sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken over a bed of spaghetti. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
***Super yummy! Took me a bit to set it up and make it, but now that I've got the steps down, it is actually pretty simple. Yummy, comforting meal! This will be in the regular rotation!***