Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Puree


I love a good pumpkin bread, muffin, or scone! I dislike having to buy a whole can of pumpkin when I usually need just around a cup. Insert weekly produce delivery here... I got a sugar pie pumpkin!!!

Here's how to roast and store for future use!

Wash your pumpkin, slice it in half, and get cleaning! Make sure to get all the stringy stuff out as well as the seeds-roast those!

Lay your pumpkin halves open side down on a baking sheet/dish and cover with foil.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until pumpkin is fork tender.

Let it cool for 15-30 minutes.

Scoop out the flesh and place it in a blender, food processor, etc.

Now it is ready to use!

I decided to freeze mine in 1/4 cup portions, so I can just un-thaw as much as I need.


Yum!

No comments: