Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for...

Friday, September 17, 2010

CASA

I have decided to volunteer for an organization called CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocates. I will be a CASA for a child in the juvenile dependency system (foster care). My role will be to advocate for the best interests of the child, working towards a safe, permanent placement (home or otherwise) in a timely manner.

I am super excited to be part of this... I have been interested since I was in Orlando completing my undergrad. The similar program there is Guardian ad Litem, and someone came to tell our class about it. It has taken this long to feel like I really have the time available to make the commitment!

After 5 weeks of training, which started this week, I will be sworn in by a judge and assisgned a case. I can't wait to see what type of case I will be involved with and to meet the munchkin I will be helping!

If you are interested in learning more, check out their website:
CASA HELPS KIDS!

No comments: